Posted on: 29th September 2017
EUROfusion presents its own stand throughout the whole Garching Open Door Day. You will find us in the Physics Department at the Technical University Munich in Garching. We offer you the unique chance to produce your own energy and we will eagerly answer all your questions on fusion energy. Furthermore the wristbands for the documentary “Let there be light” will be handed out at the stand.
The EUROfusion stand is situated at #23 at the map.
Let’s get it on!
11 am to 6 pm
• You want to operate a fusion power plant? No problem. ‘Operation Tokamak”, our video game allows you to compete with others. You want to practice first? Use our iPads.
• Only smoke and ashes? No way! Feel the power of our smoke gun and find out what rings have in common with fusion plasma
• Get on the bike! How many lightbulbs will switch on while you are pushing the pedals on our bicycle?
Be amazed & pose your questions
11 am to 6 pm
Our fusion experts will answer every question you have, such as:
• How will fusion power plants look like?
• What are the most important fusion experiments right now?
Grab your wristband for “Let there be light”
• EUROfusion proudly premieres “Let there be light” (80 minutes, English) at 4 pm. The number of seats is limited, get your entry wristband at the booth only!
• Highlight: Movie protagonist and leading ITER scientist Mark Henderson is going to answer all of your questions right after the screening
More on “LET THERE BE LIGHT“!
Hunting the secret of the Stars for almost 100 years now, the documentary movie by Mila Aung-Thwin puts the scientists into the spotlight who have dedicated their whole life to solving the mystery of fusion power.
After opening up the famous SouthbySouthWest film festival in Austin, Texas, this year, LET THERE BE LIGHT” caused a stir in the media and the movie world. It even received the Artistic Screening Award from the Big Sky Film Festival “in recognition of the film’s artistic merit and educational value.”