Posted on: 13th December 2016
The Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) is one of the largest research and education institutions in Germany. KIT’s dedicated nuclear fusion programme involves around 220 scientists, engineers and staff working in eight KIT institutes.
The KIT Nuclear Fusion Programme:
• Develops key technologies for fusion energy
• Focusses on three lines of fusion experiments:
◦ Design, engineering, realisation and testing of components and systems for ITER
◦ Developments for DEMO and future fusion power plants
◦ Contributions to Wendelstein 7-X